Thursday, June 4, 2015

Indigo 6E 696


(This experience I had penned down during my flight from Bombay to Jaipur)

Well before I start I must admit that I had not expected that my day would turn out so horrible! Starting from the time my train tickets did not get confirmed till now when I am writing this, it has just not been my day.

Let me talk about some specifics. Since my train tickets did not get confirmed, I really had to find another way to get to Kota because if I had stayed in Pune i would have surely lost my mind (not that I have much :p). So, if not a train then how does one reach Kota? 

The answer was simple, by road. Now in order to shorten my road trip and save myself some time, I got a flight from Bombay till Jaipur (Indigo 6E 696). It was supposed to be a routine flight. If all would have been well I should have taken off from Bombay at 17:45 and landed at Jaipur airport at 19:15. But unfortunately this was not so.

It all started with that ill fated SMS that I got on my phone after I was done with the security check and was waiting at the gate, that my flight Indigo 6E 696, was not on time and had been delayed till 18:25. Well I thought, that is not so bad, 40 mins, fine I shall wait. So i started the wait, by the time i finished checking out chicks it was already 18:10 and the plane that was supposed to take us to Jaipur had not even reached Bombay, then how in God's name was 18:25 possible.

The flight arrived at 18:15 and boarding commenced (finally!!) at 18:30, so much for being on-time. Once the boarding was completed I was already groaning! You want to know why? well, there was me on the aisle, an empty seat in the middle and a lady with a baby by the window. 

I GOT BABIED on the plane and there was no turning back. But even then I was thinking, i can probably make it, but God had some other plans for me.

It began when the lady on the window seat started screaming "Oo behen" "Oo behen" at the Airhostess and when the "behen" came the lady was rudely telling her to fill the baby's milk bottle and bring it. When the Airhostess brought back the bottle with milk the lady started screaming again about the milk being very hot. But by that time the Airhostess was busy with slightly more important things like securing the plane door and prepping for takeoff. That's when i decided to be the knight in the shining armour *face palm*, i mixed water in the milk to cool it and was shaking the bottle around, and during all this the baby is crying away at full volume and the lady is hurling abuses at the airlines and the Airhostess that mostly included reference of mother and sister.

Then, during taxing, yes all this before even the plane has taken off, FML!! the last started up again abusing how stupid airline it is, stupid plane, stupid pilot, stupid everything (just replace stupid with reference of mother and sister). Thankfully after taking off she has dozed off and now flying at 30000 ft everything is calm thanks to the leading lady Uma and Neha, the lovely Air hostesses who have controlled everything and are working hard to ensure everyone is comfortable. Hopefully everything remains calm for the rest of the flight. *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment